The Advantages of Having a Pharmacy Benefits Manager (PBM)
- Improves patient´s safety by avoiding the health risks associated with medication use.
- Supports health professionals by providing the scientific evidence to improve the management of medication.
- Improves the reasoning and adaptation of drug formulations with high health impact.
- Controls the costs and lack of quality in the prescription and dispensing of out-patient medications.
- Integrates the information on medication utilization by all providers in a standardized and homogeneous manner.
- Provides immediate on line information to support decision making.
- Integrates medical services with pharmacy benefits management.
- Achieves savings while improving the quality of patient´s healh care.
"We promote programs that support the patient´s safety in the use of out-patient medication. By doing so, we demonstrate that the experience of a model, when applied to other health models, is a key opportunity to positively impact the risks in the use of out- patient medication by institutions. In that way, we promote better safety and quality of care, while obtaining savings." -